Marketing Communications Specialist
Results-Driven Marketing Communicator Effectively Driving Cost Savings to Positively Impact Profitability
A results-driven self-starter with solid expertise in content marketing, social media marketing, writing and project management with an emphasis in brand promotion and integrated marketing communications. Recognized as an excellent communicator with strong verbal and written communications skills, responding rapidly to changing circumstances and making astute decisions to effect positive change.
CONSULTANT, Dallas, Texas 2012-Present
Social Media and Content Marketing Consultant
Works independently and with an entrepreneurial attitude to conceptualize, organize and implement traditional and online/social media marketing strategies for multiple clients in industries such as higher education, digital marketing, advertising, healthcare, politics, nonprofit, legal, recreation and fashion. Digital marketing campaign elements include:
- Increasing brand awareness and brand engagement by collaboratively working with clients to develop content strategy while maintaining brand integrity reflective in online marketing campaigns, trade shows and marketing events.
- Reporting on the progress of social media and content marketing SEO campaign tactics using a variety of digital analytics and media tracking and market research tools.
- Generating engaging and creative content for social media and digital marketing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, email, websites), utilizing keyword-specific content to increase SEO.
EDUCATION FIRST, Cambridge, Massachusetts 2014-2015
English Language Teacher
Successfully completed one-year teaching contract providing excellent customer service working independently in a virtual setting to administer group and private online English education lessons.
- Provided positive and supportive one-on-one private English communication lessons to international business clients from companies such as Bosch-Germany, Pepsi-Russia and HDI-Brazil.
- Planned, evaluated and revised curricula according to each student’s level and English communications goals.
BFG COMMUNICATIONS, New York, New York 2010-2011
Field Operations Manager
Negotiated and managed event marketing sponsorship opportunities, music and sports tours, and amphitheater partnerships, including NASCAR, Live Nation and music festivals, while working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment to achieve budget targets with strong attention to detail and integrity of the brand.
- Successfully completed one-year experiential marketing contract tour for RJ Reynolds.
- Collaborated with production director to approve contracts, including sponsorships, partnerships, events, venues, vendor relationships and talent bookings, finalized multi-region event planning elements and created and managed grassroots marketing campaign tactics.
- On-site management of tour events, branding elements, recruiting and training tour staff, security and talent.
TRAVELERS INSURANCE, Richardson, Texas 2007-2010
Multi-Region Insurance Adjuster
Investigated, analyzed, confirmed coverage and determined the extent of liability for multi-line claims, including workers’ compensation, liability and property, to maximize savings and mitigate losses.
- Reviewed and interpreted legal opinions and expert reports and negotiated settlements up to $100,000.
- Collaborated with medical professionals and other experts to complete claims investigations.
- Participated in Emergency Response Team (ERT) program and assisted with property claims after Hurricane Ike, providing excellent customer service to clients to foster relationships and customer retention.
MS, Integrated Marketing Communications – 2015
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY, Morgantown, WV
MA, Organizational Leadership
GONZAGA UNIVERSITY, Spokane, WA
BA, Theater Arts, Communications
ROCKFORD UNIVERSITY, Rockford, IL